Records and surveys the space used by your data
- • Records the used space for each folder on your disks.
- • Graphs with variations over time and distribution of used space.
- • Surveys the space used in a disk or a folder, and alerts when exceeding a specified size.
- • Gives a projection into the future of the space that will be used on a disk or by a folder.
- • And much more...
Space-In-Time shows how the space is occupied in your disks and folders, how is is distributed between the subfolders, and how this space evolved over time.
Space-In-Time periodically records the used space for each folder on your disks, and saves a history of values and totals. A graph of these values can be displayed, allowing you to quickly and easily see where space is being used on the disk (for example, System, Applications, Caches, Pictures, ...), and to see variations on the disk over time (caused by a disk or folder suddenly increasing in size).
Space-In-Time gives a projection into the future of the space that will be occupied by a disk or a particular folder. This feature is particularly useful for estimating - for example - when the Time Machine disk will be full, when it will become necessary to backup your data, to cleanup some folders or caches, or to change a disk.
Moreover, Space-In-Time allows you to create alerts. When a defined threshold is reached (such as a full disk, or an overweighted folder), Space-In-Time can display a message on the screen or even send an e-mail.
Examples of use:
- Survey particular folders: Downloads, Caches (Safari or others), etc.
- Trace the evolution of data: e-mails, music in iTunes, pictures in iPhoto, movies in iMovie, etc.
- Know how the disk is used, the distribution and evolution when multiple users share the same machine.
- Be informed when a disk is at full capacity preventing it from working correctly.
- Anticipate the needs of changing a disk, doing some backup or some cleaning up.
Another great utilization of Space-In-Time is to quickly know on which disk you have space enough for a particular operation (a backup, for example), even if the disk isn't mounted.
Space-In-Time makes managing and controlling space on your disks so much easier.
- Records the used space for each folder on any of your disks.
- Records, for each disk that you decided to survey, the space used by the disk itself as well as by each folder and subfolder.
- Displays the size and number of files contained in any folder, and at any time since Space-In-Time records the data.
- Displays the space occupied by any disk or folder and the variations over time.
- Displays graphs for used space, variations over time and distribution.
- Alerts with minimal and maximal thresholds.
- Alerts with messages on the screen, or sending an e-mail.
- Projection into the future of the space that will be occupied by a disk or a particular folder.
- Can use the information in your Time Machine backups to start creating a history of your disk space over the last months.
A trial version is available for evaluation. It is fully functional and not time-limited.
Universal binary for Intel and PowerPC Macs with Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
A software created by TED
Distribution by TRI-EDRE